Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A few WIPs...(works in progress)























The top pic is pencil done on a muslin cloth. I purchased a 4" x 4" muslin journal from Lynne Hoppe www.lynnehoppe.blogspot.com and this extra piece of muslin was included in my order so I am playing with it. I see little eyes peeping out from the hair on the viewers right. I keep seeing eyes pop up in my little journal. I think she has more in her etsy shop just check out her site if interested. I love her blog she shares her techniques and many other things. It is fun to play!

I love the Naiad's that were so popular in the Art Nouveau movement. I am working on this one now. One of my favorite contemporary artists is Patricia Ariel http://mesmerizedbythesirens.blogspot.com her work really inspires me to explore deep inside and that is what I hope to do with this painting, we will see. There will be a story behind this one that I will share when painting is finished. I am really posting to see what it looks like from my computers view point and will make changes as it progresses. And I see that I need to make some changes now! This is only the early stages. I hope it turns out!

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Your portraits are amazing! Always!

fairbluemoon said...

Your work is just beautiful! Bravo!

Susan

Are you curious about me? said...

WoW!!! this work is wonderful, you have been truely inspired.

Star said...

Gosh! If this is 'in progress' then I think the final finished pieces are going to be awesome!!

lynne h said...

yes, i second sharon! ALWAYS!!

oh janine, both of these faces are stunning... wow, wow, wow...

(when i saw the pic for this post in the sidebar i thought - ah! a face on muslin!)

: )

xo

Diane said...

Janine, you have such a gift!! I went to the last blog that you mentioned--just beautiful!!

Poetic Artist said...

These are beautiful..Muslin. wow.
Just wonderful.

Sandy Mastroni said...

fantastic work ..... really good Janine !
love it on muslin
AND
Thank you for your comment on my blog .... YOU are a genius
YES > it's not Alice and the rabbit ... It's Jimmy Stewart's daughter and Harvey !!!

Janine said...

Thank you all for you kind comments and support! The finished project is now posted! Thanks again you are all a wonderful encouraging group of people!

La Dolce Vita said...

wow, amazing work on Lynne's journal!

Melissa S. said...

Janine, this is fantastic! You are an amazing portrait artist...so glad to find you.

Judy Wise said...

fabulous portrait; oh, you draw like a dream.

The moment waits for you....

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I appreciate all of your visits and comments!

About Me

My Photo
Shy Aquarian Crone/artist. I Have been accused of being eccentric!

Followers

TAG FREE ZONE

Well I guess this says it. I am too busy to answer tags so no hard feelings I hope!