Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Something in the works...

 

 
 
 



Jane DesRosier kindly allowed me to use one of her photos of her daughter Annah.  I have been toying with this idea for awhile, not feeling very creative and not sure it will be finished.  This is a study in my 8" x 5" moleskine watercolor journal.  I was planning to do this on a larger canvas but again painting with colors makes me freeze up.  I have always loved to use pencil or charcoal.  I don't understand this color block I have only to say I don't really know what to do with color!

I used the swan in this as it symbolizes transformation and many other wonderful things!  But when I look at the photo of Annah and I see that far away look in her eyes as if she is seeing far ahead to a possible future and that she is growing into a beautiful young woman!

I see that my swan needs more work so maybe on a bigger canvas I can make adjustments.

4 comments:

lynne h said...

just smiling to see you posting, janine... : ) xoxo

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Such a sweet girl and her bird

Michele Meister said...

this is a wonderful drawing with a lot of emotion ! (And WHO sayst that you HAVE to work with colours ? ?!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The moment waits for you....

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I appreciate all of your visits and comments!

About Me

My Photo
Shy Aquarian Crone/artist. I Have been accused of being eccentric!

Followers

TAG FREE ZONE

Well I guess this says it. I am too busy to answer tags so no hard feelings I hope!