Sunday, December 2, 2012

Playing with scrap wc paper and having fun!


I had done a collage a long time ago on a large piece of wc (watercolor) paper and hated it.  I recently found it in a pile of papers and tried painting over the whole thing and peeling off loose collaged paper from it.  I then tore it in half and folded it and tearing the edges and adding more wc to it!


I then did a sketch with black stabilo pencil and used a brush and water to get my first painting down, my underpainting.  I added some acrylic paint and then collaged a photo I found on pinterest to it.


Here it is opened.  I did get brave and wrote some words.  "What if you could go back and talk to your younger self...what would you tell her?"



7 comments:

Janny said...

It turned out gorgeous. Ow and these words there are so many;o)

Pattio said...

This is awesome and your words are so thought provoking.

It fascinates me the decision as to when a piece is done. I have gone back to journal pages months later and worked on them.

Beautiful!

Cheers

lynne h said...

nice, janine! i think there's something about wc scraps that's really, really nice.

if i could talk to my younger self i'd tell her to honor her inner voice above all else, all the time...

xoxo

Regina said...

Awesome job Janine!!

If I could talk to my younger self I would tell her to be more of a brave soul but still be the tenderheart as well.

Hugs,
Regi

Jeanette said...

Janine, I loved seeing the process and the images...all the way through to the finish!
~ Jeanette~

Jeanette said...

Janine, I loved seeing the process and the images...all the way through to the finish!
~ Jeanette~

PeregrineBlue said...

so beautiful¡

The moment waits for you....

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I appreciate all of your visits and comments!

About Me

My Photo
Shy Aquarian Crone/artist. I Have been accused of being eccentric!

Followers

TAG FREE ZONE

Well I guess this says it. I am too busy to answer tags so no hard feelings I hope!