Monday, December 31, 2012

This is what I am currently working on...


I am painting on muslin (calico) which I ironed onto the waxy side of freezer paper, there is still much to do!  I am just considering this my underpainting for now.  I am determined to finish this!  I am using Inktense watercolor (wc) pencils and Karat Aquarelle wc crayons.  I will iron them to set the color and then add some acrylic paints and gel medium for finishing.  I plan on doing some embroidery and adding other scraps of materials I have.  I recently purchased a box of antique Kimono pieces from Katie Kendrick and have to use them up, what better way to use them!  Oh and I musn't forget the amount of old buttons I have!  Hopefully I will make a fabric journal that I have been longing to make!

5 comments:

Sandy Mastroni said...

did you iron freezer paper on the back ?
that helps a lot { keeps it from " pulling the fabric "
I love what you are doing
looks wonderful
Happy New Year Janine

Sarah said...

That's coincidental as I have just been drawing on fabric with inktense pencils too! I have other things I am making but later on want to do some more and sew on it too. I was thinking of doll dresses rather than portraits though! I look forward to seeing what you do next. Happy new year Janine! X

Janine said...

Sandy, I forgot to mention that, yes, it is ironed onto freezer paper! Thanks I will update my blog post!

Sarah, Lol! That happens a lot with me too! I love the idea of doll dresses, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Happy New Year to you Sandy and Sarah!

rivergardenstudio said...

Your new faces are beauties! Happy New Year...
roxanne

Manon said...

Happy new year Janine. I can't wait to see it finished!Great tip about the freezer paper.
ManonX

The moment waits for you....

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I appreciate all of your visits and comments!

About Me

My Photo
Shy Aquarian Crone/artist. I Have been accused of being eccentric!

Followers

TAG FREE ZONE

Well I guess this says it. I am too busy to answer tags so no hard feelings I hope!